Master Eastern Canada’s most important cities!
(This trip is currently not scheduled)
Our Canadian Megatraining will be like no other! We will tackle the big cities of Canadas East Coast with the same tenacity as our U.S. Megatraining! See all the highlights and learn special stops that are unique to each city. We will show you neighborhoods that are off the “tourist” map and introduce you to stories and characters that shaped these cities with history, culture and beauty.
Good to know: This training tour is 6 days long, with lodging included. There is a “Day 0” where you’re responsible for positioning yourself in Toronto, and booking a pre-night to be ready to go by 9am the next day. February is a busy season in Eastern Canada; we’ll be using a motor coach all trip long, and we’ll drive between cities in the evening hours, when it’s dark outside.
- If you’ve never been, you’ll learn quickly that there’s no other training program quite like ours in the industry. We believe in an immersive experience. Days are long and intense, sharing with you our “special sauce” for becoming an incredible tour director.
- Beyond the old FAM-tour model of showing you ticket booths and routes, we focus on three things: fantastic storytelling, creating wow moments, and logistics & secret spots that combine to make you look like a pro from the beginning.
- You get two instructors. Mitch & Alan teach in a complementary way, but our styles are quite different. You get to watch two pros in action.
- We take our decades of experience and bottle it into this 8-day experience. We’ll share our special routes, hidden stops, and tricks that make you look impressive!
Toronto is a massive city and it’s important to understand the logistics of the neighborhoods, public transit and special stops. This will be an intense day, visiting several neighborhoods to understand the vibe of this incredible city.
- The training starts in the city center at 9am, at the Omni King Edward on King Street.
- We’ll spend the day covering the following major sights…
- The CN Tower
- Distillery District
- St. Lawrence Market
- Chinatown & Koreatown (with special secret stops!)
- Bloor Street
- Kensington Market
- Hidden Gem wow stops (like the Tchotchke House!)
- After sundown, we’ll drive to Niagara Falls.
Today we cover the highlights of Niagara and although it’s too cold to take a boat, the beauty of the frozen falls is like nothing else. We will cover the best viewing areas with stories that you can incorporate into your commentary.
- Table Rock
- “Surrounding Carnival of Things to Do” explained!
- Commentary from Niagara to Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Naiagara-on-the-Lake walking tour
- 1000 Islands explained
- Ottawa: Intro to Byward Market
- Optional: Ice Skating on the Rideau Canal!
We’ll spend the night in Ottawa.
We spend the daylight hours in the capital city; in the evening we’ll drive to Montreal.
- Parliament Hill
- Monuments and City History
- Supreme Court
- Canadian War Museum
- Rideau Hall & 24 Sussex Drive (PM Justin Trudeau’s home!)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police Stables
- Museum of Civilization (in Gatineau)
- Evening introduction to Montreal
We’ll sleep in Montreal tonight.
Montreal is such an incredible city! We’ll show you all the highlights as well as the hidden gems that will make your trips shine!
- Mount Royal
- St. Joseph Oratory
- Old Montreal (Old Port, Notre Dame Basilica, City Hall, etc.)
- Atwater Market
- The Underground City
- The Gay Village
- Little Burgundy/Griffintown
In the evening hours we’ll depart for Quebec City.
We will join a local guide to explore the European charm of this old-world city, which overflows with remnants from its colonial past. We’ll then day-trip in the afternoon out to the Beaupré Coast, a short drive away!
- Quebec City walking tour
- Cathedral-Basilica of Notre Dame
- Chateau Frontenac
- Place Royal
- Montmorency Falls
- Basilica of Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré
- Farewell Dinner (included)
- Evening Activities
We’ll spend the night in Quebec City.
Our final ride home to Montreal has a few wow moments along the way!
- Route commentary between Montreal & Quebec City
- Included Tour & Breakfast at a Sugar Shack (or Cabane à Sucre)!
- Lunch Options orientation
Please book your flights for after 3:30pm. We will plan on dropping off at Montreal airport by 2pm.
Two Expert instructors + meetings with local experts and vendors
Local Canadian Guides
Six Days of Motor Coach Transportation
Hotel Accommodation (double occupancy)
Admission to all attractions we visit
Access to Online Resource Portal after the trip
Our hidden secrets and tips to make your tours shine!
Cocktail mixers and wow moment foods
Feb 23 Pre-night (Day 0) in Toronto is not included. Book the travel and lodging that suits you.
Starting on Day 1 (Feb 24), Lodging is included, based on double occupancy. We will do our best to pair you with a roommate, but cannot make guarantees.
Single Supplement is available. The cost is $299USD.
A $200 non-refundable deposit is required to enroll on this trip. Please do not ask us for this money back; we need you to make a commitment to coming so we can pay our vendors accurately. The rest of your payment is refundable up to 30 days out. Please read our full booking terms and conditions here!
Book your return travel home from Montreal on Saturday, Feb 29, after 3pm.
Our Promise to you
Once you complete this course, you will feel in control of leading large groups through these cities. Once you’ve studied the books, you’ll have the best possible commentary material to make your tours sparkle. You will have the insider knowledge to look like a pro in front of your groups.
We’ll vouch for you.
Complete our course, and we’ll reach out to tour operators on your behalf, using our reputation to vouch for your ability to competently lead groups through these cities. This means more work for you.
You become part of the TripSchool family.
Our community is awesome. The bond from the trip doesn’t stop at the end; you’ll be part of our private Facebook group, and also be able to reach out to Mitch and Alan any time, with any questions. We want to be a bridge between you and tour operators, and help you along in your careers! We offer you a private Facebook forum, online resource portal, tour offers, book clubs, mentorship opportunities… in short, everything you need to feel connected to this job and others doing it!