Currently not scheduled
After last year’s sold-out training, we’re offering this special trip again! Southern Itineraries are a mainstay of the U.S. adult tour market, and two of the most popular destinations are Charleston and Savannah. Join us for four fabulous days of incredible food, stories, southern glam and charm, plus one day of exploring the towns and wow moments along the coast!
- Arrive in Charleston airport by 2pm, to make it to the group hotel by 3pm. We will start at 3pm at the group’s hotel, the Hampton Inn Historic District (345 Meeting Street).
- We will start with a quick welcome session and then head out to the Visitors Center, important for your guests. The building and services offered are extensive. We’ll meet someone to discuss the various tourist offerings and help you get acquainted with Charleston.
- We’ll take an included guided tour of the Aiken-Rhett House
- We’ll walk some more of the neighborhood, before finishing with included welcome drinks on upper King Street, the perfect chance to get to know each other before exploring the area’s incredible restaurants.
- We’ll start the day at the included Charleston Museum, founded in 1773 and known as the first museum in America. Around the museum is a fantastic collection of historic homes, some open to the public.
- We’ll then head south of Broad Street, to the historic district filled with mansions and stories that make Charleston so special. The stories you’ll learn will help make your tours come alive!
- A tour of Charleston City Hall makes for a great surprise wow moment, and we’ll do that before heading back further north.
- Later in the afternoon, we’ll help you understand City Market and introduce you to the famous woven baskets, benne wafers and the lives of the Gullah people who make them. You will have some time to shop, explore on own and immerse yourself in the culture.
- Finally, after scattering for dinner, we’ll take an included historic and eerie ghost tour to learn some of the stories of Charleston’s secrets, something you can offer your guests for their free time.
- It’s road trip day through South Carolina Lowcountry! We’ll board a coach to take us down the coast!
- Before leaving the Charleston region, we’ll make a stop at Magnolia Plantation, where we’ll take an included house tour and speciality “From Slavery to Freedom: The Magnolia Cabin Project Tour” as well.
- We’ll then do an orientation visit to Middleton Place and have lunch there.
- Heading south, we’ll stop at the Old Sheldon Church Ruins, a magical wow moment for every tour.
- Then we’ll end up in the picturesque town of Beaufort, SC. This historic town has been used in countless movies from The Prince of Tides to Forrest Gump. We’re offering an included horse drawn carriage ride to see the town with a local guide and pass such sites as the home used in The Big Chill, among others.
- Next up we’re heading to the beaches of Hilton Head, to orient you to this popular part of Lowcountry.
- Our long day will end in Savannah, where we’ll check in our hotel, the Hampton Inn Historic District (again!) with time to do an orientation tour including the nightlife of River Street, and enjoy dinner on your own, plus a night out for anyone with the energy!
- Time for a big, full day in Savannah. The morning starts with an orientation and ride on Savannah’s “dot” free shuttle service, and end up at the Savannah Visitors Center, where we’ll discuss motor coach fees and regulations, and explore the history museum there.
- Then begins our day of touring Savannah’s historic squares on foot. There are a lot of them, and each has its own identity and history. We’ll spend the day exploring and learning the stories and history that each square holds. By the end of the day you’ll have a real feel for how the city developed, and know great stories to wow your guests with.
- We’ll point out all the house museums and attractions along the way that you can take your guests to.
- The evening finishes with an included farewell dinner at Lady & Sons, the famous restaurant owned by Paula Dean, a big group favorite.
- It’s our final day! We’ll head up to Forsyth Park for a walk through Savannah’s central green space.
- Then we’ll finish the squares we haven’t yet visited, and also tour Colonial Park Cemetery.
- We might even have time to grab some Leopold’s Ice Cream (celebrating 100 years in business) before we bid farewell around 1:30pm. We recommend that you book a flight after 4PM if possible. You can always leave this morning earlier if you find a more affordable flight.
- 4 nights double accommodation (single supplement available for $299)
- Daily Breakfasts
Mansion admissions, including Aiken-Rhett House, Mercer-Williams
- Magnolia Plantation
- Farewell dinner at Lady & Son’s restaurant
- Carriage Ride in Beaufort
- Admission to Charleston Museum and Savannah History Museum
- Instruction from 2 Tour Directors (Mitch Bach & Alan Armijo) plus local expert guides.
- Day 3 Motor Coach Transportation (from Charleston to Savannah)
- Our hidden secrets and tips for making your tours here shine, plus access to our Online Resource Portal after the trip!
- Wireless audio headsets for all walking tours
- Please note these inclusions and itinerary are subject to change.
Expected Cost & Deadlines
This is a small group training, and will likely sell out!
$899 – IATDG Members (Special Promotion)
$949 for non-members
Single supplement is $299
The Fine Print
To secure your spot, we need a $99 non-refundable deposit.
We’ll then expect two payments of $400 each ($425 for non-members) by October 15 and November 15, 2019, after which your payments become non-refundable.
The TripSchool Promise
Our Promise to you
Once you complete this course, you will feel in control of leading large groups through these cities. Once you’ve studied the books, you’ll have the best possible commentary material to make your tours sparkle. You will have the insider knowledge to look like a pro in front of your groups.
We’ll vouch for you.
Complete our course, and we’ll reach out to tour operators on your behalf, using our reputation to vouch for your ability to competently lead groups through these cities. This means more work for you.
You become part of the TripSchool family.
Our community is awesome. The bond from the trip doesn’t stop at the end; you’ll be part of our private Facebook group, and also be able to reach out to Mitch and Alan any time, with any questions. We want to be a bridge between you and tour operators, and help you along in your careers!