Master the most important East Coast cities!
Next Class: February 3-11, 2020
Our MegaTraining class sells out faster than any other class each year, for good reason: there’s no better, more intense and affordable way to master the three most in-demand cities in the U.S. group tour world!
- There’s no other training program quite like ours. The days are long and intense, sharing with you our “special sauce” for being an incredible tour director.
- Beyond the old FAM-tour model of showing you ticket booths and routes, we focus on three things: fantastic storytelling, creating wow moments, and logistics & secret spots that combine to make you look like a pro from the beginning.
- You get two instructors. Mitch & Alan teach in a complementary way, but our styles are quite different. You get to watch two pros in action.
- We take our decades of experience and bottle it into this 8-day experience. We’ll share our special routes, hidden stops, and tricks that make you look impressive!
- We also focus on timing, we’ll workshop your storytelling abilities, teach you how to command audiences, and answer all your questions about the industry!
- We believe in an immersive experience. This is a high-energy tour, that is done on foot and public transportation, with the occasional motor coach or ferry. We take public transportation, and get a deep and intense feel for these destinations!
Boston is a hard city to master, and it’s a city that shows up on both student and adult itineraries. Being trained in Boston will set you apart from the pack!
- Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market
- The “Blackstone Block”
- The Harbor
- Freedom Trail
- Boston Common & Public Garden
- Back Bay
- Cambridge: Harvard & MIT
- Beacon Hill
- The North End
Even some veteran tour directors still find this city intimidating. It’s a lot! But we’ll decipher it with you. At the end of the three days, you’ll have covered everything most tour groups visit on standard itineraries, PLUS all the special hidden gems and secret tips that make you look like you’ve always led tours here!
- Central Park
- Fifth Avenue, Rockefeller Center & Grand Central Terminal
- Columbus Circle & Lincoln Center
- The High Line, Chelsea Market and the new Hudson Yards
- Washington Square Park Area & The West Village
- The Financial District
- Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island (orientation from Battery Park; not visiting)
- Chinatown, Little Italy & Soho
- Time to take the NYC Guide License test if needed!
If there’s one city to master at the beginning of your career, it’s DC. However, the way we teach it is very different than your standard training. Let us make this city come alive in a new and compelling way for you! We’ll share our secret sauce for how to deliver engaging and memorable memorial experiences, and how to make places known to everyone in the country come alive in a new way.
- Memorials: Lincoln, Korea, Vietnam, WWII, MLK, FDR & Jefferson
- The White House Area
- Ford’s Theater, National Portrait Gallery & Chinatown
- The new Southwest Waterfront
- Old Town Alexandria Walking Tour
- National Archives
- The National Mall museums + Holocaust Museum
- Arlington National Cemetery
Two Expert instructors + meetings with local experts and vendors
Special Guest instructors and tour operators along the way
Admission to all attractions we visit
Our hidden secrets and tips to make your tours shine!
Public Transportation during the training (not including between cities)
Cocktail mixers and wow moment foods
Each 3 day course is $369
Boston: Feb 3-5, 2020
Lodging is separate. We have contracts with hotels in each city, and will make every attempt to pair you with a roommate, but make no guarantees.
$99 of each city payment is a non-refundable deposit. Please do not ask us for this money back; we need you to make a commitment to coming so we can pay our vendors accurately. The rest of your payment is refundable up to 30 days out. Please read our full booking terms and conditions here!
Each city training begins on Day 1 at 2:30pm. The location will be given to you closer to the training start. Book your flight to arrive in time to store your bags. Each day ends at around 8pm, with the opportunity to have dinner together. However, we finish when we finish. If you’re doing the entire training, we take Amtrak together between the cities. You’re responsible for booking your ticket, but we’ll release train information to you in January. You are of course free to take any way you’d like.
Our Promise to you
Once you complete this course, you will feel in control of leading large groups through these cities. Once you’ve studied the books, you’ll have the best possible commentary material to make your tours sparkle. You will have the insider knowledge to look like a pro in front of your groups.
We’ll vouch for you.
Complete our course, and we’ll reach out to tour operators on your behalf, using our reputation to vouch for your ability to competently lead groups through these cities. This means more work for you.
You become part of the TripSchool family.
Our community is awesome. The bond from the trip doesn’t stop at the end; you’ll be part of our private Facebook group, and also be able to reach out to Mitch and Alan any time, with any questions. We want to be a bridge between you and tour operators, and help you along in your careers! We offer you a private Facebook forum, online resource portal, tour offers, book clubs, mentorship opportunities… in short, everything you need to feel connected to this job and others doing it!