List of Tour Industry Reopening Guidelines
Below we’ve started collecting the documents being produced by travel industry associations and operators in the tours & attractions sector. Hopefully these resources will help you prepare for successfully reopening your business when the time is right.
- CDC Reopening Guidelines [PDF Download]
Not exactly an industry entity, but important nonetheless. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control [CDC] has a 62-page document on reopening guidelines from May 2020.
- United Nations World Tourism Organization [Site] [29-page PDF]
The UNWTO has a “Restarting Tourism” page looks extensively at the worldwide tourism industry, and country-level reopening plans.
- American Bus Association [PDF Overview]
The ABA has published the findings of its Reopening Task Force. Their 6-page summary has great infographics, or read the full 20-page report.
- U.S. Travel Association [Guidelines Site] [June 25 Reopening Webinar]
USTA’s Industry Guidance for Promoting the Health and Safety of All Travelers has links to several resources. In their words: “The travel industry has come together, working with health and medical experts, to reach collective agreement on a core set of health and safety guidance that the industry may adapt to their businesses.” If you haven’t reviewed their May 4 document, do it now: Travel in the New Normal [PDF]
- International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions [PDF Download]
IAAPA has released their May 1 “Reopening Guidance, Considerations for the Global Attractions Industry”
- USTOA + ETOA + CATO [PDF Download]
On June 17, 2020, these three organizations launched a joint initiative called “TourCare Guidelines for Tour Operators”. We suspect more detailed information will be coming soon.
- Adventure Travel Trade Association [June 22 Guildelines]
ATTA has released their post-covid guidelines; they’ve produced their recommendations in consultation with the Cleveland Clinic, which provided expert guidance and oversight.
- Student Youth Travel Association [June 24 Guidelines]
SYTA has released a page called “Considerations: Health and Safety on the Road”
- Skift [Reopening Timeline page]
Again, not an association, but their timeline is useful for gauging what’s happening around the world on this topic.
Tour Guide Associations
- Guides Association of New York City (GANYC) [Guidelines Page]
They’ve produced three separate sets of documents for guests, guides and operators.
Multi-Day Tour Operators
Day Tour Operators