11/5 TripSchool x Arival: Tour Guide & Operator Boot Camp
Closing out the conference, TripSchool is curating a day of over 35 learning sessions. Join industry experts as we explore entrepreneurship, rethinking tour product possibilities, storytelling, building diversity into your experiences, and developing world-class skills for guides and experience hosts. Think of today as a time for reinvention, refreshing, reinvigorating, and rethinking your tours and business.
This is a day for tour guides and business owners alike! It’s time to bring together everyone to discuss and share the way we can move forward, together! This day runs from 10am – 5pm EDT, plus happy hour afterwards!
Session presentations will be recorded, so you won’t miss the sessions you can’t make!
Keynote: The Future of Experiences
Alan Armijo and Mitch Bach will be joined by the company heads of ToursByLocals, Withlocals, Context Travel, and Alternative Athens to discuss the way companies are pivoting in unique ways, and designing innovative new experiences and tours, both online and in-person.
Rethinking Tour Product Possibilities (7+ workshops)
Let’s use this downtime to think of a variety of ideas for refreshing and transforming your core tour products. As Covid-19 continues to force us to rethink and pivot our business strategy, and we can’t operate as we have in the past, we’ll look at new ways to “wow” your guests, rethink your itineraries, refocus your brand, and create products that sell in a world affected by Covid-19. This is a chance to go beyond OTAs and SEO and look at the core of what makes your tours tick!
- Guest Experience is Everything: The Power of Creating “Wow” Moments Mitch Bach (TripSchool)
- PANEL: The Guide in the Driver Seat: Building Creative, Unique Experiences TravelCurious, Atlas Obscura and Alan Armijo
- Planning for Growth: Tips for Expanding Your Tour Product Line Lauren Shannon (Arigato Japan Food Tours)
- Beyond Infotainment: Creating a Deeper Tour Experience Mina Okpi (Black Outdoor Adventurers)
- Going Virtual: What’s Working with Online Experiences Kelsey Tonner (Be a Better Guide) and Cyra Alcock (Devour Tours)
- The Art Of Positioning: Using Your Unique Selling Proposition To Stand Out & Sell Tours Marica Brewster (Von Mack Agency)
- The Private Tour Option: How to Make It Work For You In 2021 and Beyond Evan Tipton (Tomis Marketing)
- Discussion: What does a “Luxury” tour look like? Heather White (Spark Experiences)
- Discussion: Food Tour Talk with Grace Della (Miami Culinary Tours)
Nuts & Bolts Learning (7+ workshops)
In these practical, “nuts & bolts” sessions we’ll focus on the skills and practices that keep you running. Operators will share everything from pricing worksheets, o