Learn New England!
New England Fall Foliage itineraries are some of the most popular trips offered by tour operators. Learning the itineraries, sights and special tips and tricks with TripSchool will help you stand out as tour operators hire Tour Directors for the fall!
As always, we’re offering you more than just site visits. We’re filling this five day trip with actual visits and experiences that you’ll love, and be able to share your enthusiasm for with your future guests.
- You’ll fly into Burlington, hopefully by 2pm. We’ll begin with an orientation to foliage itineraries, including logistics and a discussion of various tour operators and their needs.
- Once we’ve all arrived, we’ll head downtown to Church Street and give you all the city highlights to point out to your group.
- We’ll finish the evening with an included Lake Champlain dinner and dancing cruise. We’ll dine together on the water, and get to know each other while enjoying the summer evening. Dress to impress! (We recommend a flannel tuxedo.)
- We’ll stay this first night in Burlington. (And be prepared, we’re changing hotels nightly.)
- Today begins with an included visit to the 2,400 acre Trapp Family Lodge, famous for the family members memorialized in the Sound of Music. We’ll even see Maria’s grave. Plus we’ll tour Stowe, Vermont.
- Any visit to Vermont is not complete without the (yes, touristy) included factory tour of Ben & Jerry’s, a delicious and perennial stop on itineraries.
- Then we’ll head to the capital city of Montpelier for lunch and overview of the Capital. Then head to Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks for a lesson on Maple Syrup and a treat!
- We’ll stop for a swig of some apple cider at the Cold Hollow Cider Mill in Waterbury – along with their famous Cider Donuts!
- Tonight we’re staying in Littleton, New Hampshire, a wonderful little town – home of “Pollyanna” and Chutters candy store which has the longest candy counter in the world!
- Today we head to the White Mountains, which cover 1/4th of the state. We will show you the best stops as we tour the Kancamagus Highway.
- Before doing the “Kank”, we’ll head to a sight on every itinerary: The Old Man of the Mountain, near Franconia Notch.
- Then the (light) hiking begins! We’ll stop at the incredible formations of The Basin, orient you to the Flume Gorge, as well as several panoramic views, waterfalls, covered bridges, and a historic home.
- Tonight we all relax from our day in North Conway, NH.
- The morning will begin with an included visit on the famous Cogg Railway, which climbs to the top of the tallest peak on the east coast, Mount Washington. This is on almost all itineraries and the most popular stop in Crawford Notch State Park.
- We then have an included lunch and private tour today at the stunning Mount Washington Hotel in Bretton Woods, built with one man’s coal fortune and the last of the grand hotels of the White Mountains. This is a VERY exclusive hotel and if you want to visit with your group, you need to experience it and understand their procedures for groups.
- We’re also including the Bretton Woods Chairlift, offering more incredible views of the White Mountains.
- The Albany Covered Bridge is one of New Hampshire’s most charming covered bridges, and always a group photo favorite.
- The day will finish in Portland, Maine, where we’ll introduce you to this bustling port city, pointing out highlights plus giving you time to explore on your own.
- It’s our final day! We’re headed to the coast, where we’ll start with a visit to Cape Elizabeth and see the Portland Head Lighthouse. This lighthouse is a popular stop and one of the oldest dating back to 1791!
- Next we head to the stylish town of Kennebunkport, known for its beaches, lighthouse, and Walkers Point, home to stunning views and the Bush family compound.
- Then we’ll head to the beaches and lighthouses of Ogunquit, and the cliff walk of Marginal Way – a wonderful picturesque cliffside walk your groups will love!
- We will then move on to Cape Neddick past the summer resort town of York, Maine and stop at the the iconic Nubble lighthouse just offshore.
- We will then be ending with evening departures from Boston Logan airport with arrival into the airport by 4PM.
4 nights double accommodation (single supplement available)
Paid Admission to 8 attractions
Lake Champlain Dinner & Dancing Cruise
Lunch at the opulent Mount Washington Hotel
Two instructors + meetings with local experts
Transportation (not including flights)
Our hidden secrets and tips for making your tours here shine!
$1099 (expected price)
We know, this is a pricier trip, but summer is peak season, and we firmly believe in not just doing site visits, but experiencing what your guests will experience, so you can better translate your energy and excitement to them. We’re including a lot to give you a rich experience.
The Fine Print
We require a $99 non-refundable deposit to hold your spot. We use it to guarantee hotels, buses and paid vendors that we can’t back out of. 50% payment is due May 31, and 100% due June 30, at which point no refunds can be offered because we’ll have prepaid for your place with our vendors.
Our Promise to you
Once you complete this course, you will feel in control of leading large groups through these cities. Once you’ve studied the books, you’ll have the best possible commentary material to make your tours sparkle. You will have the insider knowledge to look like a pro in front of your groups.
We’ll vouch for you.
Complete our course, and we’ll reach out to tour operators on your behalf, using our reputation to vouch for your ability to competently lead groups through these cities. This means more work for you.
You become part of the TripSchool family.
Our community is awesome. The bond from the trip doesn’t stop at the end; you’ll be part of our private Facebook group, and also be able to reach out to Mitch and Alan any time, with any questions. We want to be a bridge between you and tour operators, and help you along in your careers!