TripSchool in the Big Easy!
Come join us as we head to New Orleans! This is a city that has TONS of “wow” stops, full of stories, food and fun! The South is a growing destination and we’ll show you how to stand out with amazing commentary and walking tours!
This trip is currently not scheduled for 2020
- You’ll arrive in New Orleans, and we’ll start by 2PM.
- We will start with a quick welcome session and then head out to explore. We will do an intense French Quarter walking tour, passing all the staples like, Jackson Square, St Louis Cathedral and of course Cafe Du Monde for Beignets. But we will also cover some of the more obscure stops, like Madame LaLauries mansion, said to be the most haunted house in the city! It’s become popular again because of Madame LaLaurie becoming a main character on American Horror Story.
- We will finish our evening getting to know each other and exploring Bourbon Street!
- We’ll board a motor coach and spend time with a certified local instructor to introduce you to the highlights of this amazing city.
- We will visit a popular cemetery and hear incredible tales of the dead
- Tour the Garden District and see the incredible Mansions that line the area.
- We will take the famous streetcars and learn how to maneuver throughout the city
- Finally, we will go to Mardi Gras World where you will learn the history and traditions of this iconic event. (We can even dress up in costumes!)
- Finally, we will end the evening back in the French Quarter where we can hang out and try some local cuisine…alligator anyone?
- It’s road trip day!
- We will depart our hotel and take a ride to a swamp! There we will get a swamp boat tour and learn about the local wildlife, including the alligators.
- We will then go to a Plantation where we will tour a historic home and hear tales about life “way back when”
- We finish back at the hotel to freshen up before heading out for our last night together. Jazz? Food? Who knows?
Paid Admission to all attractions we visit
Instruction from Mitch & Alan + certified local expert guides
Swamp Boat tour, including transportation and Plantation Tour
Transportation, including motor coach for city tour (not including flights)
Tech help to map and store the areas we explore
Our hidden secrets and tips for making your tours here shine!
Hotel is not included in this price. We do have a select number of rooms available at our host hotel, the Place D’Armes, located in the French Quarter. It’s a really great hotel with a courtyard and within walking distance to everything!
We will be happy to help arrange a roommate, based on availability.
The Fine Print
We require a $100 non-refundable deposit. We use it to guarantee hotels, busses and paid vendors that we can’t back out of. We let you make your own regular payments through your online account portal. 100% is due one month prior, at which point no refunds can be offered because we’ll have prepaid for your place with our vendors.
Our Promise to you
Once you complete this course, you will feel in control of leading large groups through these cities. Once you’ve studied the books, you’ll have the best possible commentary material to make your tours sparkle. You will have the insider knowledge to look like a pro in front of your groups.
We’ll vouch for you.
Complete our course, and we’ll reach out to tour operators on your behalf, using our reputation to vouch for your ability to competently lead groups through these cities. This means more work for you.
You become part of the TripSchool family.
Our community is awesome. The bond from the trip doesn’t stop at the end; you’ll be part of our private Facebook group, and also be able to reach out to Mitch and Alan any time, with any questions. We want to be a bridge between you and tour operators, and help you along in your careers!